Hello, my name is Jennifer Dudek. I'm an Art Director and Designer.
Hi, I'm Jen!
I’m a highly collaborative art director, visual designer, multitasker extraordinaire, and a pretty badass weekend warrior mountain biker.
I’m creative and detail-oriented — a passionate leader and team player with a proven track record for translating complex ideas into sleek, successful solutions. I’ve managed and motivated interdisciplinary teams, both as the official in-house go-to gal and agency powerhouse. I’ve helped build and manage brands, worn many hats, and jumped through hoops to find the solution for every client and create remarkable customer experiences.
During my work experience, I’ve built my expertise art directing print and digital campaigns across experiential and environmental design, branding, and brand management while leading and mentoring design teams working in agency and corporate positions. I have also been known to put together a mean excel spreadsheet every once in a while and recharge with some coffee and a jigsaw puzzle on the weekend. If I’m not sure how to do something, I’ll find a way to make it happen.
It sounds cheesy, but I love what I do every day and love working with people who are as passionate about their business as I am about design. I design because I love doing it. I thrive on building and fostering lasting relationships while producing quality work for aspiring, open-minded people who understand and value the creative journey and process to further business-driven goals.I am a... Mountain BikerCat MomDesigner
Lead Experiential Graphic Designer
The Franklin Institute2019 – 2021
Promoted to lead experiential branding and graphic design for the museum, including long-term and traveling exhibitions, in-building marketing, wayfinding experience, exhibition environmental graphics, and digital signage. Key cross-functional team member responsible for planning the museum experience’s strategic and process improvements from concept to implementation and lead design thinking on visual design and branding, including typography, imagery, and color.
- Shape and craft the museum’s experiential design to connect the experience with nearly 1M annual visitors.
- Mentor, coach, and guide in-house design team and external agencies in design and production of hundreds of museum-wide print, signage, and exhibition graphics annually.
- Partnered with multi-channel teams and supported marketing initiatives during Covid; created video, digital content and campaigns and organized photoshoots, driving digital engagement to keep the museum top-of-mind.
- Collaborate with exhibit team and internal stakeholders on developing a consistent graphic look and experience of in-building exhibitions and signage.
- Update the graphics and refresh the content for the building wayfinding experience, digital signage, exhibition environmental graphics, and live programming shows.
- Oversee graphic production, prototyping, and installation of exhibits in galleries.
Graphic Design Manager & Art Director
The Franklin Institute2016 – 2019
Directed design team in designing and implementing print and web advertising collateral, exhibit and museum signage, and digital materials.
- Guided various department leads in executing design requests through the planning, design, and development lifecycle, ensuring projects are delivered with the proper specifications and on-time, on-brand, and within budget.
- Built strong relationships with internal clients; garnered feedback throughout design and production process to ensure the final product exceeded expectations.
- Partnered with marketing and exhibition managers upfront to drive design thinking and visitor experience from project initiation and conceptualization to implementation and installation.
- Improved organizational productivity by reconfiguring the design request form to add missing information and digitize the format, which enabled a more efficient workflow and tracking of requests.
- Coordinated with vendors on paper, print, and asset sourcing that met design, business, and budget guidelines.
Event Strategy Group2013 – 2016
Design and production of creative elements to support brand activation in live experiential settings, including events, exhibitions, and trade shows.
- Aligned design to client objectives; articulated the brand story, mission, value proposition, and brand guidelines.
- Created experiential elements for Lenovo at key trade shows and events; infused new brand across all touch-points and channels, including booth design, digital advertising, sales, and promotional collateral.
- Partnered with business leaders to deliver design and prototype options informed by insights and research.
Lead Graphic Designer and Marketing
Phillips Feed & Pet Supplies2011 – 2013
Led graphic design and production of creative marketing materials; managed the design team, project workflow, and content management systems.
- Managed all projects through the design, production, and implementation process, adhering to advertising specifications and design patterns to meet deadlines for seasonal promotional schedules.
- Designed and developed digital and print versions of monthly product catalogs and promotional sales materials.
- Supported regional sales team and business stakeholders in developing promotional material for retailers.
- Prepared design files and documentation for various vendors, printers, and web producers.
Graphic, Visual Designer & Art Director
Freelance Work2007 – Present
Create multi-media design projects and campaigns across formats and channels for clients in a broad spectrum of industries, including technology, financial services, higher education, non-profit, retail, medical, and health and fitness. Projects include annual reports, website design & wireframes, digital and social media communications, print, email design, branding, and apparel graphics.
- Bright Path Brewing, Jim Thorpe, PA
- Lone Eagle Brewing, Flemington, NJ
- Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Sungard Availability Services, Wayne, PA
- Creative Circle
- Synergy Medical Education, Conshohocken, PA
- Kelpius Cycling Team, Philadelphia, PA
- Event Strategy Group, Plymouth Meeting, PA
- M2, Philadelphia, PA
- 360JMG, Washington, DC
- IWS, Alexandria, VA
- In The Crosshairs, Washington, DC
- Just Riding Along Bicycle Shop (JRABS), Laytonsville, MD
- Case Design/Remodeling, Inc., Bethesda, MD
- Christian Service Charities, Annandale, VA
- Eastern Research Group, Arlington, VA
- Home Front Communications, Washington, DC
- Jon Wye, Washington, DC
- KindHuman Sports, Advance, NC
- OmniStudio, Inc., Washington, DC
- Lorél Marketing Group, Valley Forge, PA
- MABRACross.org, Washington, DC
- MedErgy HealthGroup, Inc., Yardley, PA
- Rio Brands, Philadelphia, PA
- University for Peace, Washington, DC
- United States Postal Service, Washington, DC
- The Creative Group - Washington, DC and Philadelphia, PA
U.S. Green Building Council2007 – 2008
Lead designer charged with creating print materials, digital assets, and signage for trade shows. Partnered with project managers across the business to deliver against client and business objectives.
Journey Communications Inc.2006 – 2007
Designed in-house and trade show graphics, working with clients from concept to implementation.
The Media and Marketing Group2006
Created and prepared electronic files and resized advertising assets for various marketing communications, mediums, and platforms.
- Art and creative direction
- Creative leadership
- Customer experience design
- User-centered design
- Experiential design
- Marketing communications
- Corporate branding
- Brand management
- Event and exhibition branding
- Environmental design and branding
- Understand HTML and CSS principles
- Familiarity with Chrome developer tools
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap
- Web design
- UX Design & UI Design
- Large format printing
- Print production
- Team management
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Multitasker extraordinaire
- Strong organizational skills
- Lover of the outdoors
- Proficient on both Mac and PC platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft 360